Yooooooosh! I literally busted a gut to get this poem done for the last day of January and I’m so happy that I met my deadline. This inspirational poem is based on a text called Establishing Your Dreams and Goals by Jim Rohn (those who are on my mailing list should have been sent the text via newsletter)
Now Jim Rohn was a leading motivational speaker and author on self-development and I’ve bought his programmes, watched his videos on YouTube and used his materials when I was teaching.
This poem is based on one of his text that I always used to use at the start of a course or workshop as it really gave clarity to people to discover or rediscover their dreams and goals. To summarize, the text has these main points
- we all have the ability to dream
- we all have the ability to pursue those dreams
- we have the cognitive ability to lay out a plan and a strategy to achieve those dreams
It also talks about how to find those dreams and the ways are:
- listen to yourself and not others
- listen to your heart
- take time to be quiet
- think about what really excites you
- write down all your dreams no matter how crazy they sound
And without fail it would always leave the session mesmerized, energized and revitalized – hopefully it will do the same for you.
Feel free to download the image or share it but do let me know what you think in the comments below. If a lot of you want me to expand more on the text then I may do another blog post so make sure you comment!
Love is Love